Thursday, October 28, 2010

Nursery Prints

Baby Duck's nursery theme of (guess what?) baby ducks has been decided pretty much from before Baby Duck ever existed.  Boy or girl, we knew we were going to keep the guest bedrooms walls the lovely blue that they are ("Cloud" by Ralph Lauren) with the old-school white crown molding I love so much and add yellow details for a duck theme.  I have a few sweet things that my mom had saved from my nursery that I want to use, but I'm also on the look out for some cute, affordable art for the walls.


So when I'm not grading papers or reading up on pregnancy stuff or planning for class or bitching about class, I am often trolling etsy.com.

And here are a few of my favorites.  You just might see some of these featured in Baby Duck's nursery one of these days...

"A Jolly Read," available at Trafalgar Square on etsy.com

Does it get any cuter than a baby duck reading to a baby elephant and a baby rabbit?  I don't think so.  Love it.

"Lucky Duck" available at Mitchell & Dent on etsy.com

I think this wee little print would look so sweet matted and hung in an unexpected corner.

Then I thought maybe I needed something that would speak to Baby Duck's love of books (what?  she loves them!).  I stumbled across this:

"Alice in Wonderland (Little Door Behind the Curtain)" available at Dreamery Studio on etsy.com

I think that being printed on a dictionary page makes it sort of unexpected for a nursery, which I like.  I mean, I love the cuteness of the ducks but I don't want it to get overly precious.

Unless you think this overly precious.  I think it is just precious enough:

"Time Out" available at Studio Mela on etsy.com.

I love everything about this print, too.  Especially the hair styles on the little girl and boy.  I would maybe group this with a couple of other prints in the "reading corner" of Baby Duck's nursery.  And, honestly, everything in their shop is darling.

I think this is sweet:

"You Are My Sunshine" available at Ferntree Studio on etsy.com
 
I really like the fun fonts and the bright yellow (although it is available in other colors).  

And if you don't live in New York and bed bugs are still a thing of funny rhyme to you instead of a plague upon your house (I recently heard an NPR story about the infestation of bed bugs and how horrific they are), then you might like this print:

"Sleep Tight Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite" available at John W. Golden's shop on etsy.com.

Does everybody's mom say this?  Or just mine?  I can definitely imagine David and I saying this to Baby Duck when we kiss her good night.  This shop has lots of "By Order Of the Management" signs that are quirky and fun.  I could see them looking really cute in an older kid's room too.

And I haven't ordered this yet, but it is David's favorite and on the must-have list:
"Mother and Duckling" available at Wallfry (Wall Art for Small Fry) on etsy.com

Rather than a print, that is an original painting on 12x12 canvas.  I love the print colors and how the baby duck is looking up at the mama duck.  I think it would be a great focal point for the nursery...  maybe at one end of the crib or above the changing table.
So those are just a few of the prints and paintings and drawings I've been oohing and aahing over.  I'll have to do some ordering before long.  And then get frames.  And then figure out where to hang them and how to group them.  And then one of these days (like in late December) I'll be able to post pictures of Baby Duck's whimsical, charming, and cozy little nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment