We watched part of the parade and some of the dog show and D made a great spread of food. Coco and I napped together and Zuzu went to her first movie in the theater with my parents (the Snoopy movie).
But in spite of all those fun things, it's felt a little sad and disjointed to me. David's gma isn't bustling around like her normal self, and one of the first things she said to me (as her eyes teared up) was how much she had been looking forward to coming to our house.
We are making the best of this Plan B, but that doesn't mean that we don't all wish to have Plan A back in place.
Today is a day about feeling grateful for what you have, and I am trying to practice gratitude.
So, in addition to my family and our time together this week, here are five things I am thankful for right now:
1) that I've been working out with my personal trainer enough so that my triceps are starting to be visible again
2) that the one time I drove David's car (a hybrid Honda) to my work, no one drove off in it when I accidentally left it running in the parking lot
3) that I was able to take a nap today
4) that I have no grading to do this weekend
5) for this little blog and the people reading it.
I hope you all had the happiest thanksgiving possible.