Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Conversations with Zuzu

These are more like One-Liners from Zuzu, but they made us laugh.



Scene: In the kitchen, talking about her upcoming birthday.

Zuzu: My name is Caroline Duckworth and my birthday's name is June 29th!

***

Scene: Coco's nursery, she's just woken up from her nap. Zuzu ran in ahead of me.

Coco: (babbling) Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma.

Zuzu: Mama! Coco wake up! And she was talking 'bout you!

***

Scene: At Shakespeare in the Park, watching Antony and Cleopatra. It was the scene where the messenger comes to tell Cleopatra that Marc Antony has married Caesar's sister, Octavia, and Cleopatra attacks the messenger.

Cleopatra: The most infectious pestilence upon thee! (strikes the messenger)

Zuzu: (loudly) Why she freakin' out?

***

Scene: At home, David was boxing up some coins he sold on Ebay. We'd told her not to mess with Daddy's things.

Zuzu: Daddy, you need to move this box before I get into it.

***

Scene: In the car, listening to the weather report. This has been the rainiest summer EVER and we are all sick of it.

Weatherman: There is some light rain in the area.

Zuzu: (surprised) Mama! He said we LIKE rain!

***

Scene: Zuzu is dressed up like Elsa and is acting out scenes from Frozen and talking about her magical powers. I've turned my back for a moment, and suddenly Coco is crying, though she doesn't appear to have been injured by her sister (this time).

Me: Coco, honey, are you okay? Did you bonk your head on the bench?

Zuzu: (intensely serious) No, Mama. She's crying because she has a frozen heart.

***
Backstory: Zuzu has recently seen the movie Tangled and has hand-me-down pajamas with Rapunzel on them. We also have a book about Rapunzel that she frequently requests, and you all know the story of how the prince calls up, "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let your hair down!" 

Scene: She was changing out of her swim suit into dry clothes, but was dancing around rather than actually getting dressed.

David: Come here and put your panties on.

Zuzu: Up-punzel, let your panties down! Elsa, let your panties down!


7 comments:

  1. I can't get enough of these! I had to read them out loud to my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls still say "glubs" when they see Elsa's gloves. That might be their favorite Zuzu saying ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygod. I want to read these over and over for the first time because they're all so fabulous and so Zuzu and so BRILLIANT!!! I don't know how you remember them all. LOLing here, for real

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that she told David to move the box. Girlfriend knows her own willpower limitations. Respect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to come back and read this again before bed. "Why she freakin' out?!" Ohhhh Zu. For real, you make me smile all over my face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are hilarious. I love the comment about the rain and moving the box. Like, don't tempt me. You know I can't resist.

    ReplyDelete