Monday, October 6, 2014

Microblog Monday: Closet

I organized Zuzu's closet yesterday. Like really organized it--emptied out the entire thing, put away clothes and shoes that are too small, refolded the sheets for her bed, removed the basket of baby bibs, added new shelf paper, and organized all her hanging clothes by category.

It was a really satisfying exercise. I don't know why it took me so long to work up the energy to tackle it (it was on my list of things I wanted to do before the baby was born).

I ended up leaving one shelf half-empty (amazing!) and Zuzu actually commented on it: "Oh, Mama! It's all gone!"

Don't worry, Zu. I'm sure it won't take anytime at all to fill it up again.

Of course, I "put away" a lot of stuff into the closet in the guest room, which is kind of a disaster... But you know. Another project for another day. In the meantime, I'm keeping the door open to Zuzu's closet and feeling ridiculously proud of myself everytime I catch a glimpse of its nicely organized contents.


Are your closets tidy? Does it give you a bizarre rush of joy and accomplishment that suggests that you are incredibly old and boring? Or is that just me?

10 comments:

  1. just got some shelving put in my master bedroom closet. and i feel like i can breathe again. i've organized the whole thing. so i understand how you feel. and yes this means we are old and boring lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I organize something that needed it for awhile for about the next week if things get hectic you can find me in front of it basking in it's organized splendor. It has such a calming influence on me, hahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahahah you did what I did- I moved things from G's closet into the guest room (where I closed the door because it's terrifying! ha!).

    I'm now trying to psych myself into cleaning that one up, too. :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when my closets are tidy, but I don't want to think about that right now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh there are few things more satisfying than a cleaned out and reorganized closet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cleaned out our front closet recently and it was very gratifying! But I, like you, moved some of the mess to other messes, so that's not so gratifying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My house is super clean-- no clutter, no dirty dishes, all laundry in the house done, folded and put away everyday But if you open any drawer, cabinet, or closet OH MY GOD. I have to clean out Dorothy's before next month when my parents are babysitting for a couple of nights (oh I hope I did not jinx that by writing it down) because otherwise they won;t be able to dress her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha -- you do not want to see our closets/drawers. I try to stay on top of it, but there is summer clothing still in their drawers and clothing that is too small. I need to take time to go through the whole thing with them and organize us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's not an ounce of organization in my life right now. If the front seat of my car is cleared off, it's a victory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol I moved all of Mase's stuff into the guest room closet too! Looks good :)

    ReplyDelete