Friday, June 22, 2012

Year of the Dragon

A couple weeks ago, my parents came to visit and we went to the Chinese lantern exhibit at the Botanical Gardens.  We did a LOT of walking and David and my dad took a million photographs with their fancy new cameras (the Deuce had better be photogenic, I'm just saying).

The display featured a lot of dragons, as 2012 is the Year of the Dragon.  Factoid I learned at the gardens:  More babies are born during dragon-years than any other!  (FYI:  Eliza was born in the year of the Tiger, I'm the year of the Monkey, and David is the year of the Snake).

Anyway, as the State of my Uterus remains:  OCCUPIED (in other words, no news here!), I thought I'd post a few photos.

My mom and me at the dragon fountain display at the entrance

Certain objects in this picture appear to be twice as big as their husbands.

The dragon behind me is made entirely out of porcelain plates and cups..

Here's an up-close of its head.  Those are all plates and cups.

This was a wishing tree.  You buy an oversized coin and toss or hang it up on a branch while making a wish.

Then you ring a gong while your dress clings to your sweaty ass.

Bet you can guess what I wished for.

With my parental units.

David and Fakey McFakeSmile.  For some reason it took my dad like twenty minutes to take this single photo and other people were staring.

A silk tree and the Duck

A wishing well.  Throw a coin and hit a gong and that wish comes true.

David's dart-throwing technique served him well.  He hit the big gong -- "All Wishes."  Bet you can guess what he wished for.

The lanterns were even more beautiful after dark, when they were all lit up from within.

Factiod:  Guess what percentage of the panda bear's diet is made up of bamboo?  99%!

Here's to all the babies born in the Year of the Dragon!  

Join that club anytime now, Deuce.

11 comments:

  1. I was thinking you better update or I was going to start wondering...yes, join that club today Deuce!

    You look great! So close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know I like this post :) Come on, Deuce! We're all waiting to meet you!

    What makes up the other 1% of a panda's diet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then you ring a gong while your dress clings to your sweaty ass. Bahahaha.

    Anytime now, Deuce! At least we know the Deuce isn't a hasty little munchkin. Takes it time and is methodical. And also probably is a foreshadowing for not listening to Mom or Dad and doing his/her own thing. ;)

    I love this dragon festival and I'm totally impressed by that plate and cup dragon! I also love that there were so many places to "wish", as I'd surely be seeking those out as well. I might have cleared my wallet in wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all of the pics. you are gorgeous. and look just like your momma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looked so gorgeous!! Especially impressed with the plate and cup dragon, wow. I have to say my favorite part was the sweaty ass dress clinging though, nothing like laughing out loud while you're by yourself.

    Sending The Deuce love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might not be there to ring the gong, but I'm sending you & the Deuce best wishes, too!

    My fav is the light-up pandas, though. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Factoid: I was born in the year of the Dragon. :)

    I was cracking up at you ringing the gong with your dress sticking to your sweaty ass. haha.

    I would have been so stoked to attend that festival...especially with all the wishing going on.

    Thinking of you TONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great dragon festival. As someone born in the year of the dragon, I am going to be proud to share the sign with the deuce. Dragons are awesome --lucky, healthy successful, and tiny dragons even better! I thought I'd have a baby dragon (two years after my baby Tiger). Mason is a rabbit though.

    Cannot wait for your tiny dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great dragon festival. As someone born in the year of the dragon, I am going to be proud to share the sign with the deuce. Dragons are awesome --lucky, healthy successful, and tiny dragons even better! I thought I'd have a baby dragon (two years after my baby Tiger). Mason is a rabbit though.

    Cannot wait for your tiny dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Brooke can you drop me an email when you get a chance? The link is under my Contact Me tab. Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, time to get a wriggle on, Deuce. I know for sure you are going to be super photogenic, so we want the next photographic post to be all about YOU.
    You guys are so cute. Great pics, looks like a fun day.
    xo

    ReplyDelete