Monday, May 16, 2011

Thinking of You

It's a terrible thing, to learn of all the babies loved and lost.

It's a wonderful thing to connect with parents who are surviving, grieving, living, crying, and finding hope again.

As we like to say back home, I'm thinking 'bout all y'all.

I lit a candle today, in memory of Eliza and so many other babies who are in my thoughts and prayers.


Wherever they are, may they know our love.


(As I've said before, I'm not a fan of the idea of angel babies.  But we got this arrangement from my mom's coworkers after Eliza died and there's just something about it that I like. In my view, the angel is not a symbol of my baby, but instead suggests the cherubim are grieving with us.  It's the same reason I'm drawn to those gravestones in cemeteries that have the figure of a weeping angel.  Because when a child dies, heaven and earth mourn together.)

9 comments:

  1. "Because when a child dies, heaven and earth mourn together."

    i think so too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your thoughts about angels used as bereavement images. I don't find it comforting to think of a baby who has died now being an angel.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. No angels here either and it makes me sad because my candles are never just lit for my babes, but all the other babes gone too soon I have found along the way. Much love~

    ReplyDelete
  4. We lost our darling girl, just over 3 months ago. I found your blog just a few days ago and I can say it has brought me a lot of comfort. Thank you for sharing your family's story, I think of your Eliza and pray our girls are with us each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mourning with us...I like that. It is fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful thoughts Brooke.. thinking of you and Eliza often..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that line about heaven and earth mourning together

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't subscribe to a God/heaven/hell/angels or even fate and karma, but I was gifted an Angel's Embrace (Willow Tree) after Elizabeth's death and just love the symbolism... and that of heaven and earth mourning our babies together - thank you for sharing that here Brooke.

    Thinking of you and your precious daughter Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same about the angel baby thing--don't care for it. But I have that same angel figurine (a gift), and I love it, too. So funny.

    ReplyDelete