Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Weekend In Pictures

Although you woudn't know it from my last entry, we did more than just attend a baseball game over the holiday weekend. We also hung out with the g-rents and did a whole lot of nothing. It was delightful. For your viewing pleasure: a photo gallery of the fourth of July.


This would be dinner Friday night. I made the mistake of getting in line for the buffet behind David's grandma, who insisted that I "get my money's worth" at the all-you-can-eat buffet. Ignoring her instructions to"go ahead and take two plates," I let her talk me into more than one plate could really hold.



And this would be dessert for D's g-pa: strawberry shortcake with a side of chicken fried.



View of the lake from the homestead.



View of the homestead from the lake. As the saying goes, if you're lucky enough to live on the lake, you're lucky enough!



Sister gazes pensively at the water.



Brother loves to wade but he wasn't so sure about the choppy water lapping up on the shore.




Missouri wildflowers at the end of the road. Black-eyed Susans and Queen Anne's Lace. I think.


Doing what we do -- walkin' the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment